29 March 2008

A Day Off...

Today is one of the most productive day I have had in months. I have never gotten so much done!! I woke up, lazed around the house, and decided to have lunch with my dad. My mom is currently away in Ipoh, so'll have to be the lunch/dinner buddy.

We drove all the way to Lim Mee Yoke, at Chow Yang to have Prawn Mee. Yes I should have posted a quick food post since I was already there. But no, I had Curry Mee instead. No doubt the Prawn Mee is excellent, but I still prefer the one in TTDI, opposite KFC. A lunch without my mom, means that my dad and I could pig out. We ordered some extra Chow Kuey Teow. A little oily, but whats the point of living, if we don't enjoy what we eat. We also have some famous fried Yeow Char Kwai, which has a stall just outside the shop. Buuuurrpp.....

Eat to Live... or ... Live to Eat?

Next I asked my dad, what shall we do today? Do you want to go home, just to sleep in front of the TV? I said, "Mama is not around, do you want to go to 1U or MV?". He decided that he wanted to get some stuff from Jusco, so we headed to 1U. When we got there, we walked around. Went to the Cats & Dogs show but decided not to enter as there was a RM10 entrance fee. Instead we headed to the Pets World instead. The usual suspects were there, cats, dogs, hamsters. What I like are the new exotic animals like the ferrets and the hedgehogs.

We too spent a long time admiring the sea corals and salt water fishes. The only fish that I could recognise was Nemo :) Yes the little orange white clown fish made famous by a cartoon. The sea corals are beautiful!!

My GF however disagree with me. She believes that corals should be left at the natural habitat and by not purchasing these corals, poachers won't salvage them from the sea to sell. Good point! Looks like no fish tank and Nemo for me :(

Anyway, we just chilled out, and walked around MV before heading to Jusco. My dad needed some socks and clothings. As men, you would know that, when we do go shopping, we normally don't spend too much deciding on what we like. Like it... then buy it... just decide on the size and colour only mah... why so difficult?

Headed home after that, which was already 3 something. Wow so late already, and I have barely started to do anything yet. Nevermind, I surfed the net for a little before taking an afternoon nap. Got up at like 7pm... yawn... what a great day.

Later in the evening, I went to a BBQ dinner at a friends place. Chilled out, had a few burnt chicken wings... ehh, who said BBQ was easy?

It was a great day for me. I have never had a day where I did nothing the whole day. With no worries, and no appointments to keep, I would say that today was one of those great days I haven't had in a long time.

Ohh did I almost forgot... I watched astro till 3... before I slept...

No comments: